Europeana Food and Drink
Europeana Food and Drink was a European project funded by the European Commission under the CIP ICT Policy Support Programme (ICT PSP). Running from 1st January 2014 to 30th June 2016, the project followed the vision to promote the wider re-use of digital cultural resources by the Creative Industries to boost creativity and business development across Europe through the theme of food and drink. To do this 28 organisations from the Cultural Heritage sector, Creative Industries and Technical partners have been brought together to work on this shared vision.
We investigated three themes:
- My Food and Drink Life –focusing on the personal and domestic aspects of food and drink;
- Food and Drink in the Community –focusing on the social and community aspects of food and drink;
- The Food and Drink Industry – focusing on the cultivation, manufacture, production and distribution of food and drink.
Along the following four tracks:
- In the ‘Content Track’, we discovered, prepared, licensed and uploaded to Europeana almost 70,000 unique digital assets & their associated metadata from more than 40 providers across Europe;
- In the ‘Public Engagement Track’, we engaged the public, retailers and distributors in campaigns, piloting and crowd activities to encourage them to share and make use of food and drink-related content;
- In the ‘Creative Applications track’, we worked with Creative Industry partners to develop a suite of 9 innovative creative and commercial applications, deliver 3 Open Innovation Challenges and extend the Europeana Open Labs network;
- In the ‘Learning Track’, we aimed to develop and share new knowledge, understanding and guidance on successful public/private partnerships focused on digital cultural content.
Explore our site to see what the Europeana Food and Drink project has achieved during the 30 months.
Thank you for your interest!